Proscuitto Wrapped Red Fish and Shrimp Sandwiches
- 2 filets Red fish, boneless and skinless (about 6oz each)
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp King of the Q Cajun Seasoning or your favorite Cajun seasoning
- 8 thin slices Proscuitto
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red or orange pepper, seeds and stem removed, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ lb double smoked bacon, thinly sliced
- 8, 15/20 count tiger shrimp, peeled, tails removed and deveined
- 1 tsp King of the Q Cajun Seasoning or your favorite Cajun seasoning
- ¼ cup King of the Q Outstanding BBQ Sauce, or your favorite gourmet bbq sauce
- 2 torpedo buns or small sub buns
- 1 tsp King of the Q Smoke Roasted Garlic Oil or olive oil
- 4 slices Provolone Cheese
- 1 cup Alfalfa sprouts
- Place the red fish on a flat surface and season liberally with King of the Q Cajun Seasoning. Set aside
- Place 4 slices of proscuitto on a flat surface so each slice overlaps about an inch. Place 1 seasoned red fish filet in the center of the proscuitto. Wrap the filet completely in the proscuitto to form a little package. Repeat with second red fish filet
- Preheat grill to medium high heat (450°F to 500°F)
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the peppers, onions and bacon and sauté for 7 to 8 minutes stirring frequently. Season with King of the Q Cajun Spice and add the King of the Q Outstanding BBQ Sauce. Stir well. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Slice the buns length wise through the center. Using your fingers, rip the bread out from the underside of the top bun to hollow it out a bit. Drizzle cut sides of the buns with oil, and place on the top rack of the grill for 4 to 5 minutes to lightly toast. Remove from grill and set aside.
- Drizzle the red fish bundles with olive oil. Place the bundles on the grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side. Top each fish bundle with 2 slices of provolone cheese. Close the lid and cook for about 1 minute or until the cheese has melted.
- Place the buns cut side up on a flat surface. Place a redfish bundle onto each bottom bun. Top each one with half of the alfalfa sprouts. Scoop half of the shrimp and bacon mixture into the cavity of the top buns. Carefully and quickly press the bottoms and the tops together to make the sandwiches.
Makes 2 large sandwiches