Spicy Asian Fried Noodle – Grouper with Curry
For the Sauce
- 2 tbsp. honey
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. corn starch
For the Fish and Noodle
- 4 x 6 oz grouper filets, skin on
- 8 oz. tofu
- 1 lb. large scallops
- 2 tbsp. + 3 tbsp. oil
- 1 tbsp. + 1 tbsp. King of the Q Bonedust BBQ Seasoning or your favorite barbecue seasoning
- 1 lb. 12-15 or 15 -20 count shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ red pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 3-4 bird chilies
- 1 x 1 lb package chow mein noodles, blanched as per package instructions and
- ½ cup cooked clam meat
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1-2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- In a bowl combine honey, orange juice, white wine, soy sauce, curry and corn starch. Mix well to combine and set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high (about 450°F) and wok to high.
- In a glass dish rub grouper, tofu and scallops with oil, turning to coat. Season with 1 tbsp. barbecue seasoning, gently pressing the seasoning into the fish and seafood to adhere.
- Place grouper, skin side down, tofu and scallops onto grill. Grill, turning once, for 4 to 5 minutes until grouper flakes easily with a fork, tofu is lightly charred and scallops are just cooked through.
- While the grouper and seafood grill, into a hot wok add remaining 3 tablespoons oil. Season shrimp with remaining 1 tbsp. barbecue seasoning and add to hot oil in wok. Add pepper, onion, bird chili and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes until just tender. Move to outside perimeter of wok leaving a well in the center.
- Add blanched noodles to wok and stir fry until hot and crispy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove scallops from grill and add to wok along with clam meat, green onions, sugar snap peas and bean sprouts. Stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes until all is combined and heated through.
- Remove tofu from grill, coarsely chop and add to wok, stirring to combine.
- Whisk sauce to re-combine and pour into wok, stirring until sauce thickens and is heated through, being careful to coat everything evenly with the sauce.
- Transfer noodles to plates or bowls.
- Remove grouper filets from grill and serve over top noodles, garnished with extra sauce.